email or phone us on +44 15394 32340
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
INDIVIDUALS/COUPLES & GROUPS
1) Sorry but we do not normally accept stag, hen or drinking groups. Groups are usually asked for their activities on booking and refused or accepted at the discretion of the staff. You may be asked to leave without refund of any money paid if you have given false information when booking.
2) No smoking,vaping or ecigarettes except in the designated smoking area near the front gate.
3) No naked flames other than to light the kitchen cooker or in the outside smoking area.
No deep fat frying.
4) We ask all guests to be quiet in and around the hostel after 11pm.
5) We ask you to respect the hostel and contents and to report any breakage's or damage immediately.
6) We ask you to show consideration to other guests, the hostel staff, the hostel premises and our neighbors. We reserve the right to ask you to leave immediately, without refund, if in the opinion of the hostel staff your presence in the building or grounds is considered to be detrimental to any of the above.
7) Only residents are allowed on site. No visitors without prior arrangement with the hostel staff.
To assist with cleaning and maintenance the hostel is closed between 10.30 and 14.30 hrs.
8) Sorry no pets allowed in the hostel.
9) All bedding is provided.
10) Personal belongings within the building & grounds are your own responsibility at all times. Any luggage left (subject to staff permission), either before check in or after check out, is at your own risk. Ambleside Backpackers Ltd will accept no responsibility for any loss or damage however incurred. Please ensure you have adequate insurance.
11) Young people under 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or supervising adult.
12) Access to the hostel is through the main gate to the front door. For safety reasons all the grounds other than the front driveway are private and out of bounds.
13) All facilities may be subject to interruption by power failure or other outside causes. All proper checks and servicing are carried out so we cannot be held liable for any problems that are not within our control.
14)Non - availability of Accommodation:
We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the accommodation here. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
15) CHECK IN is from 1630hrs -2230hrs. CHECK OUT on final day is by 10.30am unless otherwise agreed.
CHILDREN (under 16 year olds)
The hostel is primarily an adult environment. We do not provide any children's play areas or other child facilities. However children are welcome if you agree to the following:
a) Children must be supervised at all times particularly in the public spaces and shower rooms.
b) They must share a room with a parent or supervising adult and not share with other adults unconnected with your booking.
c) All children and their ages must be declared at time of booking.
d) No under 14-year olds on the top bunks at any time for safety reasons.
e) If we feel your children are not respecting other customers, the hostel or surrounds you will be asked to leave.
We strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance to cover your costs in case you have to cancel a booking at short notice - see below for notice periods.
INDIVIDUALS/COUPLES/SMALL GROUPS (UP TO 10 PEOPLE)
1) DEPOSIT REQUIRED ON BOOKING OF £5 PER PERSON.
2) DEPOSITS and any booking service charges are non-refundable.
3) If you cancel your booking more than 48 hours before the start of check-in (16.30) on day of arrival there will be no further charge.
4) Cancellation giving less than 48 hours notice - you will be charged for the 1st nights stay.
5) Balance payable in full on arrival.
6) If booking 48 hours or less before arrival full payment required.
7) Any SPECIAL OFFERS to be PAID IN FULL at time of booking. If you cancel a special offer more than 48 hours before start of check-in 80% refund will be made. If less than 48 hours no refund unless beds can be resold, then 80% will be refunded.
LARGER GROUPS (11+ PEOPLE)
1) PROVISIONAL NUMBERS and a deposit of £5 per person payable on booking.
2) DEPOSITS and any booking service charges are non- refundable.
3) BALANCE PAYABLE IN FULL ON ARRIVAL.
4) FINAL NUMBERS to be confirmed at least 7 days before arrival. If we do not receive notification of any changes by this time you will be responsible for full payment of all beds/rooms originally booked. Changes to private room size will be subject to availability.
5) Decrease in party size within 7 days of arrival - all beds/rooms originally booked to be paid for in full on arrival. If we are able to re -sell the beds/rooms a partial refund may be given.
6) If booking less than 48 hours before arrival full payment is required.
7) All SPECIAL OFFERS to be paid in full at time of booking.
8) CANCELLATION - If less than 7 days notice of cancellation is given you will be charged for the 1st nights stay.
Please phone hostel for whole hostel booking terms.
We suggest you consider taking out holiday insurance to cover the cancellation/ no show
costs in case you need to cancel a booking at short notice.
A great place to stay; Ambleside Hostels, Ambleside Backpackers, Ambleside B & B, Ambleside group accommodation.
Apparently the booking engine embedded in this system will probably collect or send cookies and the google anylytics thing does whatever it does!
We try hard, but its beyond our understanding -yours too possibly, unless you are clever like the sort of people who might steal this sort of stuff.